Challenges and opportunities for adaptation and mitigation of the agricultural sector to climate change and variability
Deadline for abstract submission: 30/11/2023
Deadline for author notification: 10/01/2024
Deadline for manuscript submission: 30/04/2024
The vulnerability of actual agroecosystems presents a pressing need to evaluate the consequences of climate change and variability. In terms of adaptation of agricultural production, it becomes imperative to develop and implement management measures that ensure the sustainability of these systems. Additionally, enhancing the resilience of agroecosystems is crucial to enable their ability to respond, reorganize, and preserve their fundamental functions, identity, and structure, while concurrently augmenting their adaptive capacity. Moreover, from a mitigation perspective, it is essential to establish agroecosystems that effectively minimize or offset greenhouse gas emissions.
This Special Issue on “challenges and opportunities for adaptations and mitigations of the agricultural sector to climate change and variability” of the journal Agrociencia Uruguay (http://agrocienciauruguay.uy/) is designed to highlight the contribution of science to the development of the adaptation and mitigation of the agricultural sector in a changing climate.
Potential topics include, but are not limited to:
- Assessing climate change and variability
- Impact of climate change and variability on annual and perennial crops
- Impact of climate change and variability on animal production
- Strategy for adapting and mitigating agrosystems to climate change
Manuscript submission information:
- Authors are invited to send a title and an abstract up to 300 words long to the Guest Editors and firstname.lastname@example.org for a pre-check (optional but recommended).
- Full manuscripts should be submitted by the deadline to email@example.com. Please, use the journal template to submit your manuscript.
- Submitted manuscripts should not have been published previously nor be under consideration for publication elsewhere.
- Submitted papers can be written in Spanish, English, or Portuguese, although, English is highly recommended.
- Authors may use Agrociencia Uruguay´s translation service prior to publication. For further information, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- All manuscripts will undergo a thorough double-blind peer-review process.
- Accepted papers will be published altogether during the second semester of 2024.
- The publication of the article is free of charge (APC free).